tennis ball

tennis ball

Thursday 26 March 2015

Roland Garros: I've arrived at last



An excellently maintained clay surface, no need to collect my own balls and the score thoughtfully marked up at the end of each point - well I can dream!  If only I could log on to Paris tennis and book a court here. In fact it was my daughter who visited the stadium on a school trip and thoughtfully took some pictures for my blog.


My previous connection with Roland Garros is that I once edited the English version of the tournament programme. On another occasion I got my father tickets for his birthday - but he and my mum ended up having to walk there and back after a transport strike knocked out the Metro.


The highlight of the tour as far as my daughter was concerned was an original pair of Stan Smith's Adidas tennis shoes in the museum signed by the man himself (needless to say she was wearing hers!)


I'm keeping my fingers crossed for an outside court pass for the tournament in June.


No comments:

Post a Comment