tennis ball

tennis ball

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Docteurs Déjerine: Putting other courts in the shade!



It was the first day of the school holidays and I decided to start as I mean to go on - with a game of tennis. I wasn't so organised that I'd booked anything ahead which was how we ended up back at Docteur Déjerine in the 20th arrondissement which is technically a covered court. I say technically because it has open sides and when we played here for the first time in December we nearly froze. No need for covers this time, Paris was basking in a balmy 24 degrees and I was feeling slightly resentful of paying a €17 an hour - no wonder it was the only court left. In fact it turned out to a blessing as the roof shaded us from the strong sunshine while the open sides let in a cooling breeze and no need for sunglasses or visor. These were, dare I say it, perfect conditions. It might have been my imagination, but I think we all played better for it - though it could be an expensive summer if we get too hooked.
Finally I just need to take a moment to share two of my favourite birthday cards this year.

Thank you Gilli - you have perfectly captured my formal tennis attire (and I believe the ladies are even enjoying a Lapsang Souchong).


And thanks to Jonty for so perfectly anticipating my new Sweaty Betty outfit!

Tennis Docteurs Déjerine
32 -36 rue de Docteurs Déjerine
75020 Paris
Metro: Porte de Montreuil

No comments:

Post a Comment